Today I put the main bulkhead in place. It was a good fit. Not as good as a traditional japanese boatbilder though. To get a better fit I will cheat. This is how I will get a fit perfect  down to the molecular lewel. I cut a groove on the periphery of the bulkhead with my router. The eagle-eyed reader can see it on the picture below. Click once or twice to enlarge.

Here is a close up.

Below is the bulkhead in place. Soon the wowrk of putting radius on each side and laminating it with 45×45 directional glassfibre will start.

Below is a close up of the intersection of the sheerline and the bulkhead. The groove can be seen. ( The different coulors of the Divinycell indicates its strenghts yeallow indicates 100 kilo/ meter cub grey indicates 80 kilos/ meter cub The Divinycell of the hull is 4 cm thick the Divinycell of the bulkhead is 5 cm thick)

After laminating the bulkhead in place I will suck in NM-epoxy with the healp of my vacum-pump into the groove. The epoxy will fill the space between the  periphery of the bulkhead and the hull to give a perfect fit. The periphery is 2.45 meter long and gives with radiuses and laminations a cross section of 10 cm about. This is a tremendous surface making the boat very strong. An other reason for making the bulkhead so thick is to give good insulation to my bed-room. The weight of the bulkhead is 20 kilo. The weight of the hull is 115 kilo.

To be continued…

Regards Yrvind.